Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Sunday 7 June 2015

Pregnancy and why I love it

I read an article/blog post yesterday about one woman being 'honest ' about pregnancy and parenting, and it made me a little angry. She started off by saying she was going to tell other women what it's really like, and then just talked about the bad things like not being able to drink wine, and how painful labour is etc. And then said but it's all worth it isn't it? But said it in a way that made me doubt that she actually believed it, it was even mentioned that her friends and family had offered to help out but disappeared after the first couple of weeks.

So I thought I would do my own little post about pregnancy (I haven't given birth yet so the labour part will come later).
As most of you will know I haven't had an 'easy' pregnancy in that I have been very ill with sickness throughout the whole pregnancy, and I've been through a lot of stress etc but I still wouldn't change anything.

Despite being sick every morning and throughout the day, nothing beats the feeling I get when my baby kicks or moves,it fills me with so much love already and I genuinely can't help but smile. I find myself talking to the baby bump throughout the day, explaining what I'm doing and even telling the baby how much I love when it kicks me ☺
I love knowing that when I drink orange juice or have ice cream the baby will do somersaults (well that's what it feels like anyway). I love that the baby will kick me for ages but as soon as I tell someone to feel, the baby will immediately stop kicking until the person has removed their hand from my bump.
I love watching my tummy move with the baby kicks, and I have been known to record it and send it to my friends (who lovingly reply saying how cute it is rather than tell me how weird I am!).
Even though when the baby kicks me in the ribs it really hurts me now, I love knowing that as soon as I get in a car the baby will start kicking me in the ribs.
I know most of the things I have mentioned here are to do with the baby moving and kicking but it's the thing I've experienced the most and each time it makes me fall in love that little bit more.

I know every woman is different, and I have moaned about how bad I've had it but I genuinely think it is still the most amazing thing in the world and I am so happy that I have been able to experience it.

💖xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment