Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Saturday 20 June 2015

Baby essentials: changing

Hi ☺

Again I would like to point out that I am.a first time mam (still pregnant) and so don't actually know what I'm doing but thought I would share what I have so far.

🍼nappies- this is an obvious one I think! We have lots and lots of nappies, size 1, 2 and 3 as they were on offer and we weren't sure how big the baby is going to be so thought it would be better to get both size 1 and 2 just incase the baby didn't fit size 1. We are only getting pampers for now as it is a brand that I trust, when I used to babysit my auntys foster babies she always used pampers and whenever I've had little cousins being born they all used pampers so it is a brand I have grown up with (my mam used reusable nappies on me and my sister and I didn't want to do that! ). I have put some nappies in the changing unit but as there are so many I've left a lot of them in boxes in the baby wardrobe ready for when we need them!

🍼baby wipes- we also have a lot of these!!We have a few pampers wipes but the majority of what we have is from the little angels range from asda as quite a few people have told us that they are better than all of the other brands!they are always on offer too so you get loads of wipes for not much money. Again I have got a whole drawer full of wipes and some in the wardrobes too as we have been told that we will go through loads of these.

🍼tommee tippee sangenic nappy pale - we got this because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Apparently each casette holds 28 nappies and individually wraps each one so that they don't smell. I'm not going to lie, I am a bit lazy so not having to go outside to throw a nappy away every time I change the baby seems like a good idea now but as we haven't used it yet I will let you all know whether it does its job or not.

🍼changing mat- we have 2 travel changing mats (they both came free with changing bags) and a changing mat for the house. We actually paid about £15 for it which doesn't seem like much but there are changing mats for about a fiver but JJ wanted one that would go with the room (I wanted a tatty teddy one) as he didn't want it to look out of place apparently.

🍼changing unit- this was part of our furniture set and is just a chest of drawers with a bit on the top to change the baby on. We have the nappies and wipes etc in the drawers and the changing mat on the top. This is a really good idea as it is convenient to use and looks pretty, and means I don't have to change the baby on the floor.

🍼sudocrem - nappy cream is another obvious one. I have been told that the aqueous cream in home bargains is exactly the same and only costs £1 but JJ wanted sudocrem as he didn't trust the alternative (but a load of people I know use the one from home bargains and say it's fine so if you aren't bothered by brand names it might be worth having a look). We haven't decided yet whether or not to give the new sudocrem a go, the one that's meant to be kinder to skin, as the original has always seemed fine to me.

🍼 we haven't gone for cotton balls or pads as his cousin did and after a couple of days switched to the little angels wipes as apparently the cotton balls just weren't up to the job and were messy. I do take advice from people who have recently had kids as they will know a lot more than me so we decided to take her word for it and just get wipes.

Is there anything we have forgot or things you would recommend?

💖 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment