Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Finally getting blinds!!

Hi ☺

If any of you have bought a brand new house (or just moved into a house and wanted to change the decor and blinds etc) you will know how much everything costs! Just over a year ago I bought a new build house (thanks dad for the deposit!) which came with no blinds or curtains or light shades etc (obviously as it was brand new) and had no grass in the garden or anything. Fast forward a year and I still don't have any blinds or grass in the garden...but hopefully that's all about to change!
I would like to point out that this isn't me being really lazy or not wanting to spend money, I had no furniture before moving so had to buy everything from new which costs a lot of money, and I got married and got pregnant which costs a lot too! It does embarrass me when my family come to stay (I haven't had any friends over yet) and they see that we have no blinds etc and the garden is a mess but I just haven't had the money to sort it out.

Anyway, as we are now nearing the end of my pregnancy, I really want everything sorted out! We organised a few people to come round to give us quotes for the blinds, and after a very difficult decision we have decided to go with someone from hillarys blinds. They weren't the cheapest quote, but the man that came round, Paul, was so lovely and talked through the best options for each window. Two of the rooms have floor to ceiling windows, which was obviously going to make blind shopping a bit more complicated than it normally would be, and we have decided to get wood effect venetian blinds in grey so that when they are closed they match the windows from the outside. The other two windows are normal sized and at the back of the house which no one sees, and are the main bedroom and the baby's room so we have opted for blackout blinds.
I didn't know you could get designs on blackout blinds but apparently you can! So we have gone for plain grey in our bedroom (to match the furniture) and we have very colourful polka dot blinds in the babys room as it will match anything that we put in there and will look so cute. I did want bears or butterflies as we saw them with one company but unfortunately hillarys didn't offer this.

We have been told that the blinds will probably be fitted near the end of July so I am going to do a post all about hillarys blinds, the service we received and the quality of the end product when they are installed ☺

💖 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment