Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Thursday 25 June 2015

38 weeks update

Hi ☺

Had my last antenatal appointment this week (for some reason I thought that I had more, I thought that everyone had weekly appointments from 37 weeks till birth but that's it). The baby is 3/5 palpable (2/5 engaged) still, but I swear baby moves further down when I'm walking!
My blood pressure and pulse were fine, and although my haemoglobin is slightly low it is normal for me (my midwife a couple weeks ago said I was slightly anaemic but when I looked at my own results everything was fine....the plus points of being a biomedical scientist ☺).
My bump measured fine, even though it seems to have increased in size a lot over this week! And I have stretch marks now which I'm gutted about! They are on the bottom of the bump though so I can't see them, poor JJ can though and although he says he still finds me attractive he does keep telling me to put bio oil on to get rid of them!
I still keep getting bad back ache and worse pains in my abdomen but they haven't amounted to anything yet even though JJ  keeps trying to bribe the baby to come out this week so we can go to Liverpool next week!
I am finding it harder to walk now, but it is uncomfortable to drive too so I'm in a lose lose situation! We walked to the doctors surgery, then to town then home two days ago and I was in agony by the time I got home!! Yesterday was even worse even though I walked less, I walked to the hospital to meet B for lunch, and walked home then went shopping and my back was in agony! I know that this is normal and every pregnant woman goes through this but I thought I would mention it anyway ☺
I have started to be sick again on a morning which I am gutted about but again this is apparently normal for this time in pregnancy because of the hormonal changes.
I have also started leaking from my boobs more which at first made me feel disgusting but now I've realised it's just normal and natural!
As we haven't had a tour of the labour ward yet (I have been there through work but JJ hasnt) we are going to try and go to their 2 hour tour on Monday where we will get shown around the ward and be able to ask any questions etc. I actually can't wait as I think it will make both me and JJ feel better if we hear about labour and what it's like as none of my midwives have really wanted to talk about it and we haven't been to any antenatal classes because I couldn't get time off work.

Have any of you experienced these things?

💖 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment