Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Thursday 11 June 2015

Baby shower

When I had decided what day I wanted to be my last day at work before maternity, I started to think about having a meal (not a baby shower) to celebrate having 10 months off. B,however, had different ideas and took over the planning of it and it became a baby shower!
I had it yesterday and 15 people from work came (it doesn't sound a lot but I had only invited the people I wanted there and B invited a couple of other people but some had to work and some I just didn't want there). We had it at a pub that does amazing food and everyone met at 7pm.
The table was set out with cute balloons, and sequins and glitter...It actually looked amazing!
I had already had my presents from work, but there were more cards and a couple more presents to open (a cardigan, mitts and boots, and a dumbo baby set), and one of the cards was handmade by my colleague and was AMAZING!!it was such a lovely personal touch that was so unexpected!

The meal itself was amazing, as it was in a pub there was mostly burgers and ham hock etc and a few of the lads had a bit of a eating competition as the portions are known for being massive! Three of the lads got an anchor burger which was 2 beef burgers, a chicken burger, 6 onion rings, cheese, bacon, chicken wings and fries!they were gigantic although two of then did manage to eat it all! Two of the lads got the ham hock which was also gigantic and only one managed to eat it all, although the other one was very upset with himself that he couldn't manage it!!

I got pan fried chicken supreme which was a large piece of chicken in a gravy,with potato fondant, green beans and pea and garlic mash. It was absolutely gorgeous although I didn't manage to eat it all as despite being the smallest thing there it was still too much for me!

Em had baked brownie cupcakes for everyone with icing and little baby feet and flowers on the top which I also wasn't expecting but was super cute!! They were delicious and I even brought some home with me! A few people also had dessert but most of us were just too full!

A few people left after the meal and I got hugs off everyone leaving then which was nice, but a few of us stayed a bit longer and they all tried out all of the cocktails (I was a bit jealous!). We ended up leaving at about half 11, as I was knackered and B was taking me home but we left a few people there to carry on drinking.

All in all it was ana amazing night and I was pleasantly surprised with how many people came and how much fun we all had! I am a bit gutted that I won't see some of them again (as they are locums and won't be there in 10 months time) and won't see some of them for 10 months, but I will try to keep in touch with them all!

What was your baby shower like?

💖 xx

Ps there will be pictures when B sends me them as she had a 'proper' camera with her and was taking pictures of everything ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment