Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Travelling with baby...weekend away

I don't live near my parents so we have to travel to visit them, and since we have had EmJ the amount of stuff we take with us to stay a few nights at my parents house has increased dramatically so I thought I would do a post about what we usually take with us.

🔴 clothes- EmJ has her own little suitcase (I got a champneys set for Christmas which came with a hard pink bag) but not all of her clothes fit so she has a bag too.  The reason we take so many clothes is that she generally is sick on them, poos on them or dribbles milk on them so has to be changed.

⚪nappies- we generally take half a box of nappies (so about 72 I think) as we do need quite a few still and if we need any more we can just go and buy them.

🔴wipes- we didn't actually bring any back this time as we have a box of wipes at my parents house.

⚪bath support- we were going to take the baby bath but it wouldn't fit in the car so we took the bath support instead as last time we forgot both and it was quite awkward trying to wash her in the big bath and keep hold of her at the same time.

🔴toiletries - we brought the johnsons first wash but that was it as we have johnsons bath stuff and lotion at my parents house so there was no point in taking ours. We did take a couple of sponges though as they don't have any there.

⚪pram- we have the silver cross 3D travel system, and originally I had planned to just take the frame and use the car seat on it, but the rain cover doesn't fit over the car seat and as the weather we have been having has been so unpredictable we didn't want to risk it, so have been taking the full travel system which admittedly does take up a lot of room.

🔴baby chair- we forgot this the first time we visited my parents so they bought one for her so we don't take it there but we do take it if we go to Liverpool or anywhere else. Luckily the chair we have packs flat so doesn't take up too much room.

⚪room thermometer- the room in which baby sleeps has to be a certain temperature, and if it is too hot or cold then the clothes they wear for bed or what blankets are used changes, so we take the gro egg with us everywhere we go so we can make sure we are dressing EmJ appropriately.

🔴bottles and pump- now that I am expressing a bit I take these with me so that I can express wherever I am staying. This means that if hubby and I go out anywhere (like we did for our anniversary ) I can express and my mam can still feed EmJ.

⚪steriliser- we don't take the electric steriliser with us as it is too big, but we have a travel steriliser that can be put into the microwave for steam sterilising, or be used with cold water and sterilising tablets.

That is everything we usually take with us, but there is probably something that I have forgotten!
What do you take with you for weekends away?

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment