Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Saturday 29 August 2015

Tommee tippee sangenic bin

If you haven't heard of it, the sangenic bin is meant to save you from constant trips to the outside bin to dispose of nappies without the house stinking. There are cartridges that hold 70 something nappies depending on the size of them, and the bin itself holds about 28 before it needs emptying. There are three colours: pink, blue and white.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't read the description properly and just thought that every cartridge held 28 nappies rather than just the bin so I didn't realise that I would have to cut the bag and re knot it every time the bin got full! There is a blade on the underside of the lid to cut the bag with, although it did take me a couple of attempts before it actually cut through the whole of the bag. You then tie a knot in the top of the bit that you're throwing away, and the bottom of the unused bag so you can continue to put nappies in it. I hate emptying the bin as it really smells, the smell is contained within the bin so until you open it your room won't smell at all which is really good, but once you open the bin it is disgusting! I tried washing the bin but the smell sort of stays ingrained into the plastic 😐 I have ended up putting a plastic bag into the bin for the nappies to go into to make it a bit easier to transfer the nappies to the outside bin when the sangenic bin is full as although the nappies are all contained in what is effectively a large nappy bag, it isn't pleasant carrying the long nappy sausage out.

The sangenic bin does reduce the number of trips you make to the outside bin, and it does contain the smell really well but honestly I don't think it is worth getting. It is just as easy to use normal nappy bags and putting them in the normal household waste bin in the kitchen then emptying that when it is full as the nappy bags do tend to keep the smell in quite well and we empty the kitchen bin regularly anyway. I did get taken in by the hype and it is a cute bin but I don't think I would buy another one if this one broke in some way.

Have you tried this bin? What did you think of it?

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment