Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Friday 28 August 2015

EmJ 6 week update

So its been another week..It seems to have flown by!!

EmJ smiles and giggles loads now, especially at my mam!as soon as my mam walks into the room EmJ has the biggest smile on her face!! She is a bit ticklish and giggles if you tickle her tummy ☺

She hated lying down now, she prefers to be sitting up or standing (with our support). She loves walking up my tummy still, and loves being in her baby chair.

She cuddles her comfort blanket now which is super cute. She holds it with her right hand usually, I don't know why she won't hold it with her left hand much but she plays with her dummy with her left hand so we aren't too worried.

She grabs her dummy and pulls it out of her mouth then cries if she can't put it back in again, it's quite amusing to watch!she's such a cutie! We only give her a dummy to comfort her when she eats her hands but isn't hungry (we do check ) but people have already made comments to me about babies shouldn't be allowed dummies. In my opinion if it makes her happy then she can have it, she isn't given it all of the time and won't have it for more than 6 months or a year depending on what advice the dentist gives when she starts getting teeth.

She had her first few hours away from me and hubby when we went out for a meal for our anniversary. My mam looked after her and she was really well behaved!she didn't cry once and accepted my expressed milk off my mam. My mam used the foam bath support which we haven't used before and she loved it, my mam was splashing her and making waves in the water and EmJ loved it! We have since tried this at home and she giggles and kicks her legs to make a splash so we have stopped using the baby bath.

EmJ has grown out of one sleep suit which I was surprised at but it shows she is growing which is good! We still have some 0-3 months clothes that are too big for her but most of it fits her now.

She has started eating more out of the bottle, she takes 5oz not 4oz now which makes me wonder if she is getting enough when I feed her directly from the breast as when I express I can only ever get 4oz out! I don't know if this is why she wants to feed more when I do feed her from the breast as she isn't getting enough.

We have a toy for the car seat now which she looks at out of the corner of her eye, as if she is suspicious of it, then giggles at it then goes back to looking suspiciously at it. She hasn't actually played with it yet but I think this is because she doesn't quite understand why it is there now.

She is awake a lot longer now and gets cranky as she fights her sleep. I think she doesn't like to miss things so if we lie next to her with our eyes closed she will close hers and go to sleep, but if we were clearly staying awake she fights her sleep.

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment