Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Newborn baby favourites

Hi ☺

I love doing favourites posts and as I predicted before I had EmJ I have mainly used things for the baby since having her 3 weeks ago, so this post is about the things I think we have found essential.

💖 chicco next to me crib
I have mentioned this in a previous post but honestly it is amazing, and we took it to Sunderland with us when we went to visit my family so didn't have to buy a travel cot. It can be used as a stand alone or attached to the bed which I love as it means when we do go to stay somewhere else we can use it instead of a moses basket too.

💖 pampers nappies
I love that these now come with a yellow line on them that turn blue in the presence of urea so it is really easy to see if she had weed without taking the nappy off. She is still in the first size atm.

💖 gro egg room thermometer
We literally take this everywhere with us that we are going to stay. It basically tells the temperature of the room and changes colour depending on the suitability of the temperature. If it is too cold it is blue, too hot it is amber then red etc so you can tell just by having a quick glance at it how hot it is for the baby. We use this to judge what to dress the baby in to sleep and what sleeping bags to use. 

💖 moses basket
I first realised how useful this was when hubby was out and I needed the toilet. Where was I going to put the baby?? At the time we didn't have the moses basket and I ended up putting her in the car seat and taking that with me, so when we got the moses basket it was much easier to put her in that!

💖 boots maternity pads
I didn't realise how many of these I would need, despite reading online about it! But they need changing every few hours especially in the first week, so lots of these are needed! I got boot's own brand pads for the first week ad they were spongy so as not to make my stitches more painful. After the first week I went to using the ultra slim version which worked just as well but didn't feel like I was wearing a nappy.

💖 breast pads
These are a must have for people who are breastfeeding!! At random intervals I can feel my boobs tightening and know that they are leaking! This isn't an issue when I'm using the breast pads, I use boots own slim pads, which are super absorbant!! When I had to go back into hospital I didn't take enough breast pads and honestly I can't describe the embarrassment I felt when I soaked my top!!

💖 swaddle blanket
We have two of these but my favourite is a thin white one with silver stars on it. For some reason babies like to be swaddled, and this calms her down so much and let's her go to sleep ☺

💖 dummy
You're meant to wait until at least 4 weeks before giving a breastfed baby a dummy but EmJ sucks on her hands for comfort so we decided to give her a dummy a week early and she loves it. We don't give it all the time, it is only at night when she won't settle and has already cluster fed so can't be hungry. Honestly she sleeps so much better when she's had the dummy. We have tommee tippie dummies for 0-6 months, we have a few but atm we are just using two, they are see through and very simple to look at.

These are the things that I have been loving for the baby this month, there will be loads more but these are the ones I've used the most so I deem to be essential.

Another essential thing for a baby is cuddles, they love their cuddles and cuddling them helps them to feel secure and helps with bonding. I find that there is nothing better than giving your new baby a cuddle  ☺☺ some people might say cuddling all the time will spoil them but I disagree, if the baby wants a cuddle there must be a reason so I always cuddle hee.

What did you love for your newborn? Did you use any of these?

😤💖 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment