Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Thursday 6 August 2015

Gro egg and grobags

Hi ☺

When you have a new born or very young baby it is important to monitor the temperature of rooms. The ideal temperature is approximately between 18-20°C which is very hard to maintain in our house. I don't think it has ever been less than 20°C since we got back home, and that's with windows and doors open!!

We bought a gro egg which is a room temperature monitor which shows the exact temperature, and changes colour depending on the temperature  (could I say the word temperature any more in that sentence 😂😂). If the egg is yellow the temperature is fine, blue means too cold, orange means warm and red means too hot. Because it is lit up it can also act as a bit of a nightlight when the baby is a bit older (it isn't light enough to be able to see if the baby has been sick but is light enough to comfort a child).
I love this as if I can't see the temperature because I'm at the wrong angle or something I can still tell by the colour the approximate temperature.
We use this as a guide to what to dress the baby in to sleep. usually the temperature is about 21-23°C so we usually have her in a body suit or vest, and either in a sleeping bag or under a thin blanket.
The grobags  (sleeping bags) we have are 2.5 tog which will be ideal for the colder weather but are actually a little bit too thick for this weather so we do intend to buy a 1.0tog one. The sleeping bags range from about £ 20-£40 which seems a bit expensive but they are safer than using blankets as the baby won't (usually) fall underneath the sleeping bag so won't suffocate like they can with blankets. It also means their arms are free which EmJ likes as she doesn't really like to be swaddled in a blanket.

I think both the gro egg and the sleeping bags are essential for babies and I can't imagine not using either one of them

Do you use these? What did you think of them?

💖xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment