Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Breastfeeding facilities in meadow hall including mothercare

As a breastfeeding mother I have been struggling to feed EmJ while out in public. Yes I know, it is against the law to stop a woman breastfeeding in a public place but I am a very shy, private person and the thought of getting my boobs out in front of people is a very scary thing! I hadn't been expressing until about a week ago, and I ended up feeding EmJ in disabled toilets in pubs like Wetherspoons if we went out!

However, my prayers have now been answered and I have discovered breastfeeding rooms!

On a recent trip to Meadowhall in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, I went to Mothercare to get some stuff for EmJ and while looking for the lift I stumbled upon a changing room, a bottle feeding area complete with bottle warmers and a separate breastfeeding room!! I was that impressed I genuinely rang my mam to tell her about it! I couldn't feed in the breastfeeding room as annoyingly it was full of people bottle feeding or just sitting waiting for their friend/relative to finish breastfeeding, so I actually ended up feeding her in the bottle feeding room but luckily no one came in! There were sofa type seats to sit on, and it was really comfortable to feed her. Plus because there was also the baby changing part I could change her straight after! !I thought this was such a good idea by mother care to have these rooms as the people who shop there will predominantly be pregnant or with child!

Because EmJ is a greedy little thing (she isn't really, she's just growing) she wanted feeding again before I left Meadowhall and I was nowhere near mother care so I resigned myself to having to take her into the toilets but then I noticed that there was an actual feeding room next to the toilets by the food court, which had a nursing seat in it!!and a lock on the door so I could feed her in comfort and total privacy!!
Because I had found this room I decided to have a little wander round and see if there were more and in general I found that there was a feeding room wherever there was a baby changing area!

I have to say that I am so impressed with Meadowhall as it makes it so much easier to breastfeed and means I will more than likely do more shopping there!!

As a side note,  I have since found a breastfeeding room in Alhambra in Barnsley also by the baby changing area!

Xxx

1 comment:

  1. Nice to be visiting your blog once more, it has been months for me. Well this article that ive been waited for therefore long. i want this article to finish my assignment within the faculty, and it has same topic together with your article. Thanks, nice share.
    recommended cribs

    ReplyDelete