Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Tuesday 25 August 2015

My current morning routine

Hi ☺

Since having EmJ, my morning routine has changed so I thought I would do an updated post.

EmJ usually wakes up at about half 3 or 4 am so I get up with her. I feed her and change her then watch nothing to declare or border security while playing with EmJ, at the minute she likes to listen to me singing songs I learnt off my family when I was very young.
At about 6:30am I feed her again, and then read her a chapter of a little princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett as that is the book I am currently reading to her and she generally falls asleep before I finish the chapter.
Hubby sometimes gets up at 7am, so if he does I go back to bed for a few hours until EmJ wants feeding again, if he doesn't then I try to get EmJ to sleep in her moses basket so I can go to sleep but a lot of the time she won't sleep of she's not being cuddled so I watch the animal planet channel or more episodes of nothing to declare until hubby gets up.
At about 10am I brush my teeth, and get washed. I am currently using the clinique 3 step system again, so I wash my face using the liquid soap for combination oily skin. I use the toner and the moisturiser from this set and brush my hair.
If I am going out anywhere I will straighten my hair and apply makeup while hubby watches EmJ, I have got this down to about 15 minutes now! If we aren't going out I don't bother, which is surprising to me as I used to wear makeup all of the time even if just staying in the house and I also always made sure my hair was perfect but now I'd rather concentrate more on EmJ. Plus it means I'm using less makeup now so I won't have to buy it as often.  Luckily hubby loves me without makeup so he doesn't mind!

If EmJ is sleeping I will watch homes under the hammer and cowboy builders as I have become slightly obsessed! But if she stays awake I try to talk to her, pull faces at her and sing to her. We also like to give her tummy time on her playmat and I have started trying to introduce toys that play music and a comfort blanket toy.

That is my mornings now. What do you do on a morning?

💖 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment