Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Baby's 5 week update

EmJ is 5 weeks old now...how time flies!! She is still such a little character and loves to copy faces you pull at her, she will also try to blow raspberries if you blow them at her which is super cute! If you go to kiss her she turns her head so you kiss her on the mouth, and sometimes she leans in too!If you blow kisses at her she purses her lips as if she wants to blow them back ☺ we have also had more smiles off her!

She is eating more now and sometimes seems as if I'm constantly feeding her!I have started to express now but she wouldn't take the bottle off hubby at first only off me, but now if I hold her hand she will take the bottle off him which he loves as he feels like he is bonding with her. We did try her with formula as I wanted to breastfeed her during the day but give her a bottle on a night to see if she sleeps longer. We tried her with a bottle we made up and one that was ready made, she didn't take any of the ready made one at all but did try the one I made up. Unfortunately she only took half of it and then threw it all back up so we have decided not to give her formula.

She has grown and now fits a lot of her 0-3 months clothes now ☺

She is better in the bath now and only cries if the water is too cold. We have had a few smiles while she has been in the bath so we are hopeful that she likes it now!If she is particularly tired we have been putting the johnsons bedtime bath product into the water and then applying the lotion after to try and help her sleep.

She loves being in the pushchair and sleeps as soon as it starts to move. She's usually good when we are out and only cries if she's uncomfortable or hungry, and stops as soon as she gets a cuddle or feed.

She still doesn't like sleeping in the crib, but will go to sleep in her chair or in someones arms.

She likes to turn round and watch the TV, I think she likes to see the colours moving and she loves the music channels.

She loves when I sing to her and smiles and makes noises as if joining in. I try to dance with her too which is quite fun and I am reading a little princess to her still. We have just bought her a new toy for the crib, pram and car seat so I hope she likes it! She has started to hold things when she goes to sleep, like my necklace if I'm wearing it or a sleeve so we have started to give her a comfort blanket that she can hold on to. She played with her rattle yesterday, accidentally I think as she just wanted to hold it and I don't think she had realised it made a noise as it gave her a bit of a shock. 

She is staying awake longer during the day now, and didn't sleep at all for a whole afternoon but then she slept all of the next day.  Sometimes she sleeps for about 5 or 6 hours during the night which is good but other times I have to be up all night because she won't sleep.

She loves having tummy time still and you can see her trying to crawl but she can't quite figure out that she has to lift her bum up.

Think that's everything for now ☺

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment