Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Tuesday 19 May 2015

My trip to York with the besties

Hi ☺

I haven't been out with my friends in quite a while (well except for a couple of weeks ago when we went for a meal) so we decided to go to York as we wanted to go to bettys for ems birthday. 
B drove, and we did get a little bit lost but unlike me she handles it calmly whereas I would have been stressed and probably shouting at the sat nav! 😂 I'm not good at driving places I don't know!
Anyway, we got to York at about 11am and headed straight for Bettys as we were all quite hungry.  Surprisingly there was no queue and we were seated downstairs straight away.
As I am pregnant I couldn't have poached eggs which I was gutted about, so I ended up having a toasted muffin with scrambled eggs and bacon with hot chocolate, and b and em had poached eggs and bacon on toast with a pot of breakfast tea each.
Oh my word I can't stress how amazing the breakfast food was!We all said hoe gorgeous it all was, and even I was no longer jealous of their poached eggs after I had a taste of my delicious scrambled eggs! I have no idea how they did it but it was genuinely the best scrambled eggs I have ever had in my entire life!!The bacon was cooked to perfection too! I very nearly swooned!
The tea came in a tea pot with the name of the tea on a label so they knew what they were drinking,  and they had a choice between milk and lemon to have it with but they both chose milk. A little tea strainer is provided which you place over the cup when you pour the tea into it which I thought was super cute! The cups were all China cups, including my hot chocolate cup which I loved (and shouldn't have been surprised at really as apparently the only way to drink tea is in a China cup not the Disney mugs I provide at my house 😂). They were also given a pot of hot water to top the tea pot up with which I thought was a nice touch.
After the breakfast food we decided we wanted cakes, and everything looked super delicious!! B decided that she couldn't go to Bettys and not have a scone so she got a scone with jam and cream (which you put on yourself, and b eats hers the way I do with the jam on first then the cream), em got a torte  (I can't remember the name but it had hazelnut and almond in it?) That she loved but couldn't eat it all and I got a lemon curd torte that I fell in love with. I love lemon flavoured desserts but a lot of the time the lemon is too tart or bitter for me but this was perfect!We all had a taste of each others dessert, but I secretly thought mine was the best!
Altogether it came to £47 which was actually cheaper than I thought it was going to be, and I would say definitely worth the money as everything is so gorgeous and the staff are so friendly!!

Em bought her fella a little cake from the shop upstairs but b and I decided not to. As well as cakes and some savoury foods, you can also buy tea and coffee and hot chocolate from the shop too but it seemed a bit too expensive to me and I couldn't justify spending £8.50 on a small bag of hot chocolate!

After Bettys we did a little bit of shopping and went into some little shops selling vintage homeware that I would never gone into myself but b is really into things like that and honestly there were some lovely things!

After a little while b and em decided they wanted another cup of tea so we went on the hunt for another tea shop. We eventually found one but we all ended up getting milkshakes (they copied me) which were nice but not that satisfactory, b bought her fella a cake from there and em and I eyed up the birthday cakes until we realised they cost over £100!!

We were in York for about 5 hours and then went back to ems house for tea (and a glass of milk in my case) and then went home.

It was such an amazing day and I had a fantastic time and I would recommend Bettys to anyone going to York!

💖xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment