Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Sunday 3 May 2015

Baby essentials:feeding

Hi pixierinos ☺

I thought I would start a series on my blog about what we thought were the essentials that we bought.  I am starting it off with feeding time essentials.

Before I start I want to mention that I do want to try to breast feed but I am aware that not everybody is able to (my mam couldn't) so we have things for both breast and bottle feeding just in case. I would hate to have only bought things for breast feeding and then be left struggling if I couldn't do it!!

I am in no way an expert (I'm whatever the opposite of an expert is!!) So there is a very good chance that we have too many things we don't need and not enough that we do need!!

Tommee tippee starter kit

We got this when it was on offer in asda in the last baby toddler event, it was actually the cheapest set even though it had more stuff in it! !
It contains:
🍼a steriliser- I guess we would need one of these regardless of whether we bottle or breast feed for when I use a breast pump and put the milk into the bottles so JJ can feed the baby. It is quite big and looks as if it fits 6 bottles in it. I haven't actually figured out how it works yet but it is electrical.

🍼 a travel steriliser - I thought this was a fab idea for us as we are always out and about, and means we don't have to worry about taking millions of bottles with us, we could just take a few but take formula or milk storage cups and reuse the bottles. This is probably not going to be used when we visit my family as we go there for a few days and only one bottle can fit in it at a time but would be perfect for visiting his family as we are usually only there for a day!

🍼 bottles- self explanatory really! Although these bottles do come with extra teats which I thought was quite good!they are just the plain bottles, but will be good enough to feed the baby and I think tommee tippee are a good brand (initially we couldn't decide whether to get those or the Phillips avent brand). I'm not sure how many bottles are actually needed though so please comment below!! There are different sized bottles so we won't have to buy more as we increase the amount of milk given to the baby.

🍼a bottle brush - I thought this was a handy thing to include as it is something everyone will need to help clean the bottles!

🍼tongs - to ensure that we can reassemble the bottles without touching the teats so they keep sterile for the baby.

🍼insulated bottle bags- for when we are on the go,  I thought this was a really good idea. I think there are 2 or 3 of them.

🍼storage cups - for pre measured amounts of formula for when on the go.

🍼a soother- just a plain see through one

🍼food and bottle warmer- again this is electrical and will come in handy for baby food or for when we are warming bottles up at my parents house as we will use the perfect prep at home.

As well as the starter kit we also have:

🍼6 coloured tommee tippee bottles- these were on offer in asda and were cheaper than just buying 3!There are 2 pink, 2 purple and 2 blue bottles and they are super cute! I know we probably didn't need more bottles but it can't hurt to be prepared ☺

🍼6 soothers (dummies)- again we weren't sure how many we needed. JJ picked 2 packs of 2 and I picked the other one. The 2 that I picked have glow in the dark handles on them so we can easily see them during the night, and they are all tommee tippee ones suitable from birth.

🍼4 bibs- we need more but this is all we have for the moment. We got the tommee tippee bibs suitable for 0+ months, the ones with the extra cushion bit around the neck. We actually got these from home bargains as we thought they were cheaper there than in mother care and came in yellow rather than just pink and blue.

🍼3 muslin cloths- again I think we need more of these, we got them from asda in the baby toddler event and they are just white with silver stars on them. I think these will come in useful for a lot of things as they are very multi tasking!

🍼tommee tippee perfect prep- this is for when the baby is bottle fed and helps to make the perfect bottle. You just add the water and formula and the perfect prep makes it to the right amount and temperature for the baby. We got this as a present off my sister as we had been told it was something that we needed to get by a few people with young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment