Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Sunday 3 May 2015

Baby essentials: bathing

Hi ☺

Again there are probably things that I haven't bought yet that we probably need so please let me know if you think of anything ☺

So far we have:

🍼a bath support - we decided (well I decided) that we didn't want a baby bath as the baby would probably grow too big for it quite quickly and there were things I would rather spend the money on than wasting it on something the baby wouldn't be able to use for that long. There are some very cute baby baths and it would be nice to be able to bath the baby downstairs but in the end we decided a bath support was the best way to go for us. We got the angelcare soft touch bath support as it seemed like the best one we saw at the time and was quite pretty too! Apparently we can use it while the baby is in the bath alone (obviously we would be holding the baby and in the bathroom with the baby it would just be the only person actually in the bath) or while we are in the bath with the baby but I'm not sure how I feel about this. There are many other bath supports to choose from, some are like sponges or foam and others are just like plastic seats but I'm sure they all do the job equally well so it is just down to personal preference I think. My mam told me that she just had a plastic seat that stuck to the bath for me and my sister and she just used to put a flannel around the bit that goes in between the legs to prevent any rubbing there and we turned out fine!

🍼Johnsons first toiletries- we couldn't decided whether to get the normal johnsons range or the range designed for newborns so we went with the newborn range. There is an offer on at asda for the normal Johnson range that comes in a big purple box and is only £10 currently but they had none in stock when we went. There is also a johnsons new baby range set but I worked out that it would be cheaper for us to buy each product individually as we didn't need the changing mat that comes with the set. We got the shampoo, all in one wash,moisturiser, and barrier cream I think. They all come in cute little white bottles and I think that they are currently £1.75 each in asda.

🍼cuddle and dry towels - so far we have three of these. I wanted the nice pastel coloured ones but JJ wanted cream ones and he had the bank card to pay with so got his own way 😂 my mam told us that we didn't need these as any fluffy towel from asda would do but I like the idea of the cuddle and dry towel and I think the material would be better for the baby.

🍼baby sponges- I wanted face cloths too but JJ decided that sponges were enough. We have 3 yellow ones for now,  although they are still in the packet so I'm not sure how soft they are, although they are suitable from 0+months so they must be soft enough for a newborn.

🍼bath toys- I haven't actually bought any of these, my mam has bought them all! We have monkeys that squirt water, which I think is cute as the baby will have fun with them with us just squirting them for now, and when the baby is bigger it can play with them itself. We have one orange and one green one. We also have rubber ducks as who doesn't like them! Both sets of toys are suitable for 0+months babies. We are planning on getting more bath toys but I haven't seen any that I like just yet. 

Is there anything we have forgot or anything you would recommend that we get?

💖 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment