Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Thursday 31 December 2015

Sensory play

As you may know, baby goes to nursery on a Monday, and when we go to pick her up she is always in the sensory room. One of her favourite things in the sensory room is a vortex light which changes colour, the one at nursery also has plastic fish in it but I couldn't find any like that so we have bought a normal vortex light.

We have it in the loving room so that she can watch it while she's on her changing mat. My mam has said that we spoil her but I would rather buy things that I know that she loves than not buy them and her get bored

To go along with the sensory theme, I have bought lots of toys with different textures, lights, sounds etc for her to play with and have used ribbons off Christmas presents for her to play with as they have textures she hasn't come across before too.

She is so inquisitive and loves to feel materials she hasn't come across before, although she does end up putting everything into her mouth! She gets so excited and kicks her legs and squeals when there is something that she hasn't seen or felt before and it makes me happy to know that she is happy and is learning about the world around her.

Even the playmat she has has lots of different colours and textures, teethers,  mirrors, things that squeak etc. She is constantly stimulated and learning while she is awake and playing and I make sure that we read a book (at least one) every day and sing some songs too.

When I am reading to her, I point out the pictures to her and if there are animals I make the animal noises so that she can learn all about animals. I also point to the word that I am saying out loud so that when she does learn to read it will help her.

She seems to be coming on loads and has said her first word (dad) which I am super excited by and think that she is advancing because of all of the playing and sensory stimulation that we do!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment