Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Wednesday 9 December 2015

12 days of Christmas day 3

Yesterday I spoke about some of my favourite Christmas presents, so now I will talk about some of my more disappointing ones!

🎁 a Cindy doll
When I was younger I loved playing with cars and garages, and playing football outside in the street. What I hated was barbies! My friends had barbies and when we used to play with them apparently I used to spoil it by making barbie fall off doll houses etc (I don't remember this but both of my friends that were there do!) Everyone knew I hated barbies and so did my sister. But one year my aunt and uncle bought me and my sister a Cindy doll each. If you don't remember these, they were basically a knock off version of barbie.
Getting a barbie would have been bad but getting a cheaper version was just awful! Obviously because my mam brought us up well, we did smile and say thank you and pretended we liked them, but the only time we got them out of the box was genuinely to use their hair to dust our rooms!

🎁 a dear diary
If you were a small kid in the 90s you may remember a thing called secret diary. It was bright pink and was basically an electronic thing that you basically typed your secrets into and it kept them hidden with a password. It also told you your horoscope per day, and stored phone numbers etc. All of my friends had one, and I really wanted one too but what I got was, again,  the cheaper copycat version! I got a dear diary, which was lilac, didn't have as many cool features and everyone knew it wasn't a secret diary!
You may think I sound a bit spoilt here, complaining because I didn't get the more expensive one. It wasn't actually that it was cheaper that bothered me, I didn't really understand the value of money at the time and I didn't expect people to spend loads on me, it was more that my auntie had told me she had bought me a secret diary and I told all of my friends and then found out it wasn't one! If anyone can remember being a child you will probably understand!

🎁 a boys gift set
I am a girl. I may not have liked barbies, but I did like dolls in general, and playing mams and dads and schools etc. I was not a boy 
My uncle bought me and my sister one of those goodie bags you get in newsagents, but he bought us ones designed for boys. Yes I have admitted I liked playing with cars, but I didn't like robots and action men! What we got was action men stickers and a small toy robot that didn't move! Not cool.

That's actually all of the ones I remember, I mostly got amazing presents ☺

Have you had any disappointing presents?

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment