Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Saturday 5 December 2015

Baby's favourite foods so far

After a month of weaning baby, we are now at the point when she has porridge followed by her milk for breakfast, and food followed by her milk at tea time.

We haven't yet tried every food available for 4-6month old as there has to be 4 days in between each new taste which is actually longer than it seems. But she does already have her favourite foods and foods she hates!

She loves:
Hipp organic carrots
Hipp apple and cranberry breakfast
Cow & gate banana and strawberry porridge
Ellas kitchen organic carrots
Heinz chicken and veg
Cow & gate fruity porridge
Heinz beef and sweet potato mash

And she hates:
Aptamil baby rice
Cow & gate first taste peas
Ella kitchen mango
Cow & gate first taste cauliflower

As you can see by the list above, I haven't actually followed proper guidelines by introducing vegetables alone first then in combination then fruit etc. But there has been new guidelines suggesting that beef and chicken be the first foods to be introduced.

In a funny way she is actually more likely to eat the foods in combination rather than by them self with the exception of carrots. She hates peas but she loves the taste of peas with chicken, and I did taste the chicken and garden veg and it did have a taste of peas.

I have pureed carrots and stored some in the freezer to give her rather than keep buying food but it was easier to buy food initially to see what she liked and what she doesn't like.

I know that people say it takes so many tries before a baby will like some foods, and so I am going to try her again with some of the food she doesn't like,  but I'm not going to force her!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment