Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Wednesday 9 December 2015

12 days of Xmas day 2

Although this blog is mostly about baby and parenting, I thought because it is Christmas I would do a few of my favourite things. What better way to start off than to talk about my top 5 Christmas presents that I have received as a child, and what presents I would love to get baby when she is older?!

🎁 toy kitchen
I got this when I was about 5 years old, and I can still remember the excitement! My sister had a toy McDonald's  (complete with grill!) And I got the kitchen, so we used to play with them together! We had so much fun and I would love to get baby something like this one day as I think she would love it!

🎁 bike
I actually went with my parents to pick my first ever bike up, but they didn't tell me it was for me. I did guess though when they made me sit on it to make sure it wasn't too big, and kept it in the airing cupboard next to my bedroom. There is actually a video of that Christmas, where my sister and I have opened all of our presents and my dad pretends there is nothing else and I say yes there is dad my bike is still in the airing cupboard! My dad tells me that Santa took it to which I reply no he didn't it was there last night! The look on my parents face is hilarious! I was about 6 years old. I loved having a bike though as my sister had one and when I got older and passed my cycling proficiency test my dad used to take me on bike rides to south shields.
I can't wait for baby to have her first bike! I am going to bring my bike (obviously not the same one) from my parents house to my house so that when baby is older I can take her on bike rides too!

🎁 dumbo toy that smells of wonder
I'm not going to lie, I got this when I was about 22! But i wanted to incude it as it is meant for children. It is one of those cuddly dumbo toys for small babies from the Disney shop, and it was one that had a scent called wonder. It smells amazing and it is so cute, I have actually given it to baby and she loves it too!

🎁 my very first Walkman, and my second Walkman
I am including two together here as they are kind of the same!
If you weren't a child or adult in the 90s then you may not know what a Walkman is. It was basically a portable cassette player (please tell me you know what a cassette is!) You could also get cd ones like my dad, but mine were cassettes.
The first one I got, was blue with polar bears on the front, like 3d polar bears! It came with a little bum bag with a polar on the front to keep it in. This one didn't have a rewind button for some reason, so to rewind a tape I had to turn it over and fast forward it! I did love it though as it was my first one and meant I could listen to music in bed past my bedtime without my parents knowing!
The next year my parents cos got me a Walkman (which my dad actually still has now!). It was three shades of grey, and had a rewind button. It also has the radio! I thought it was the best thing ever invented! It was using this that I discovered night house on 97.1fm on a night- it's basically a radio show where people phone in and chat but I loved it!

These may not be my favourite all time presents, but they are the ones I remember absolutely loving and ones that I can buy baby in the future!

Xxx
🎁

No comments:

Post a Comment