Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Coping with uni with a small baby

So stupidly I agreed to do my masters this year part time. This means I go to uni on a Monday, for the next few weeks EmJ will spend the day with her dad but after that she is going to nursery.

The first couple of weeks was fine as I didn't get any homework and hubby brought EmJ through to Sheffield so I could see her on my breaks.

But last week I got home work, which I couldn't do until the weekend anyway because my sister came to stay for a few days. But the weekends are the only time EmJ hubby and I get to spend together as a family so we like to do family things. This meant that I only really spent Sunday on my homework!

This week I got twice as much homework, and I intended to do it while EmJ was sleeping but the little tinker hasn't been sleeping more than 5 minutes a time during the day and she's at a stage where she wants to play all of the time.

Hubby finished work late too so I couldn't rely on him to look after EmJ while I did some work. He is going to try and watch her if he finishes earlier but he never knows when he is going to finish until the day.

I am sort of regretting choosing to start my masters now, I thought hubby would have been around more to help me, and I thought EmJ would sleep during the day more so that I would have enough time to do homework.

I am hoping that as she continues to grow she will be able to play with her toys alone for half an hour to allow me to do some homework every day.

I have exams next month and I am really keeping my fingers crossed that I am able to revise for them!!

Has anyone else done their masters while looking after a small baby? How did you manage it?

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment