Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Saturday 4 July 2015

Ingenuity convertme swing-2-seat review

Hi ☺

We got the ImGenuity convertme swing chair from mother care (I think) ages ago but I only just got round to setting it up a couple of days ago (I walked past the baby room and just got the urge to set it up!).
I like to think that after putting together all of the baby's furniture that I am quite a good person at doing things like this....but this chair proved me wrong!
I did set it up alone, and it didn't take that long overall but oh my word!the instructions are hard to follow! There are only pictures to follow, no written instructions, and I thought I had followed them really well until I came to put the cover on at the end! At no point in the instructions does it say not to fully tighten the screws, but as I found out at the end if you tighten the screws fully you can't put the cover on! Basically, the bottom of the chair is meant to be able to be lifted up for storage (I obviously didn't know this as it didn't seem to be safe to me to leave anything that could potentially trap the baby?!) So I had tightened the screws and then spent a good ten minutes getting frustrated as to why I couldn't fit the cover over the chair properly and the instructions were no help! I ended up ringing my mam in a mood and declaring that the chair was stupid and I didn't like it, while on the phone I did realise that the instructions showed the bottom of the chair being lifted up to fit the cover on. I unscrewed the screws a little bit and sure enough the bottom of the chair lifted up and I could fit the cover over it...but I was hating the chair at this point!!
The other thing I don't like about it is the one toy that comes with it, I just don't like it and I wish we had opted for another chair but on the plus side we can buy more toys to put on it that might make me like it a little more.

I will see how baby likes it and do an update then as the baby's opinion is more important than mine!

Have any of you got this chair? What are your opinions of it?

💖 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment