Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Tuesday 14 July 2015

An update about the rash...

Hi ☺

For those of you who read my post yesterday,I finally got seen by a doctor at the hospital at the antenatal day unit ☺

Basically we tried ringing the midwives again and still couldn't get hold of any of them, I rang the antenatal clinic but they wouldn't see me but did give me the number of another midwife who actually answered her phone (1 out of the 9 that we rang!) And she told me she couldn't come to see me but told me to ring antenatal day unit again and tell them she wanted me to come in and be checked out.
Once we got to the andu we were put in a waiting room for half an hour, then I got asked to lie on a bed and was hooked up to a monitor that monitors the babys heartbeat, and my bloods were taken.
The baby heartbeat was fast (the normal range is 110-160 and baby was 175-190) but it was moving about a lot so they thought it could be that.  I was on the monitor for an hour, and then someone else needed it.
My bloods all came back normal so a doctor was asked to come and see me. When he came he actually examined the rash which no one had done so far, and asked some questions. He told me that it looked as if it started as something like PUPP but as my GP had incorrectly assumed it wasn't that and was just stretch marks it would have got worse anyway, but what made it worse was the stretch mark cream the GP gave me (that she googled ) I was actually allergic to which was why the rash was getting a lot worse and more itchy as the worse it was getting the more cream I was putting on so it was a vicious cycle.
I have now been given different cream and tablets, and honestly it's looking better already. The doctor told me if it didn't get any better by Thursday I have to go straight back in to see him, and he's going to do a check up on me next week including more blood tests.
We were at the hospital for 5 hours altogether, and we got put back on the foetal monitor and baby's heartbeat was fine by then so they were happy to let me go home

I'm so happy that we finally got sorted out, and although the rash wasn't anything that could harm the baby,  it could have been and neither my GP nor my midwife looked at it properly or took me seriously. It could easily have been something more serious and I took a picture of part of the rash on my thigh just to show I wasn't being over dramatic. (While we were at the hospital my rash was actually getting worse on my arms as I had put cream on before leaving the house).

Have any of you had bad experiences with doctors or midwives?

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment