Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Due date been and gone....

Hi ☺

If you read my latest pregnancy post you will know that I was due last Friday, (10th july) unfortunately that date has now passed and the baby is making no signs of appearing anytime soon.
What I thought was pains from my cervix softening apparently wasn't as when the midwife came to do the membrane sweep my cervix was closed and behind the baby's head! Gutted!! This is going to be a bit tmi now so stop reading if you like 😂 after the failed sweep attempt (she ended up just doing a membrane massage,  which btw feels nothing like a massage it was actually painful for me) I did start to lose more mucous. This time it had brown tinge to it but I am assuming that is normal after the cervix has been massaged, and since then I have been losing white mucous daily but as this happened before I'm not taking it to mean anything.
I went to the doctors as I developed a very itchy rash (which I may have mentioned) on the bump where the stretch marks were, but then it spread all over the bump, my legs, arms hands and feet (so far). The doctor wasn't very interested and said it was just related to the stretch marks, which we weren't happy about as most of it was nowhere near any! When the midwife came out for the sweep we showed it to her but she said she was too busy to look properly and wouldn't go against the doctor anyway. We said we thought it was PUPP or PEP as it is known here, and she told me to stop googling things. Despite getting stretch mark cream off the doctor the rash is getting worse and spreading more, all over my back and bum so I am going to try and see another doctor today.
On Sunday one of my ankles and foot swelled up, but the other one didn't which I know can be something to worry about. We tried getting in touch with our midwife, and then other midwives but all of their phones were turned off so we rang the hospital antenatal day unit but they weren't answering. We ended up getting in touch with the birthing centre and they just told me to raise my leg for a couple of hours and even if that did nothing they wouldn't do anything.
Yesterday I started getting bad back pain coming and going and a tightening of my bump but it amounted to nothing unfortunately so still no sign of baby :(

Have any of you gone over your due Date?

No comments:

Post a Comment