Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Tuesday 28 July 2015

A further update about the rash...

Hi ☺

So...The rash has gone (touch wood). It actually disappeared off my stomach the day I gave birth and went from my legs and arms not long after.
Myself and hubby have therefore decided we were right all along and it was PPPU or PEP that I had as one of the things stated about it is it disappears when you have the baby.
If anyone else has the same sort of rash as I did, I would seriously recommend telling your doctor to check the symptoms for Pep (if in uk ) as it is not just stretch marks or a sensitivity to anything although the cream given for sensitivity does help as it is a mild steroid cream. 
It annoyed me a bit that my GP discounted what we thought just because we read about it on Google, and dismissed the rash as stretch marks when it clearly wasn't that, and if I hadn't gone to the ANDU I wouldn't have had any relief at all until the birth.

For those who didn't read my initial posts about the rash, it started off as really itchy pink spots in the stretch marks on my tummy, then spread over the rest of my tummy, back, hips, thighs, arms and a little on my calf's. They were very very itchy, to the point where I genuinely wanted to rip my skin off and couldn't sleep at night. They became bigger and some of them started to look a bit like blisters or boils and just became more itchy. The good thing about this rash is that it very rarely affects the face, or the hands although I did get a few on the back of my hands.
There is no real reason why some people get PEP and others don't, but apparently it is more common in first time mothers, those expecting multiples, and those expecting boys. If you have it in one pregnancy it is very unlikely you will get it in subsequent pregnancies.
There is no cure except to give birth, although steroid creams and anti histamines can help with the itchiness but obviously you have to be very careful while pregnant with these.

I put up with the itchiness for quite a few weeks and honestly it was awful so if you think you have this please see a doctor and make them look at PEP  (although some midwives know about this condition and just discount it).

💖xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment