Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Tommee tippee perfect prep

When I was still pregnant my sister bought us this incase I couldn't breastfeed and needed to use formula. For 6 weeks I managed to breastfeed fine, but the past week I have had a bit of trouble with pain so decided to express milk. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to express as much as EmJ needed so we ended up giving her a bit of formula milk.
I thought this would be the perfect time to use the perfect prep as we only gave her the formula during the night as I didn't manage to express enough to feed her in the night and she wouldn't sit and wait while I expressed to feed her straight away. Getting up at 3am to make up a bottle is not the ideal thing to do, and I know that if I had had to make it up myself I would have got it wrong.

The perfect prep is actually easy to set up as it does come with step by step instructions on how to set it up and how to do a cleaning cycle which needs to be done before using it for the first time. This takes about ten to twenty minutes but it really simple to do! After the cleaning cycle it is ready to use.
There is also step by step instructions on how to make a bottle, which even hubby can follow!
Basically, you set the amount that you want the bottle to be using the dial on the top of the machine, and press the giant button in the middle of the dial. The button will flash red while It dispenses a small amount of hot water into an empty bottle that you put under the nozzle. When the hot water has stopped flowing the button will go a solid red and the machine will beep. You then add the required amount of formula to the bottle, put a lid on it and shake until the ppwder dissolves. You then put the bottle back under the nozzle and press the giant button again. The button flashes green and the perfect prep dispenses the correct amount of water and makes it to body temperature so that it is ready for the baby to drink immediately. When the water has stopped dispensing the button will go a solid green and the machine will beep again.
It genuinely couldn't be more easy to use and it does make it to the perfect temperature for EmJ and she is very fussy! What I tended to do to make it a but easier during the night was to measure the formula out before I went to bed and put it in a storage pot so that I didn't have to faff about at 3am trying to accurately measure it out.
I would recommend this product as honestly it is so easy to use (as I have mentioned) and takes the stress out of making up bottles. It is a bit expensive but there are always deals on, and my sister got us the black one for £60 while it was on offer! I think it is only available in black and white currently. It is worth the money especially if you only feed your baby formula as it would save so much time compared to other methods of making up bottles, and if your baby is anything like mine she won't wait for the bottle to cool down so having it at a perfect temperature straightaway is brilliant!
Also the initial shot of hot water ensures that any bacteria that might be present in the formula is killed so baby won't get ill (hopefully). I have read a few reviews online about the perfect prep with people saying that the initial shot of water wouldn't kill bacteria but of course it would. It doesn't matter what the volume of hot water is as long as it is enough to let the formula dissolve and it is above 70°C which is the lowest temperature required to kill the bacteria.
Using the perfect prep also reduces the risk of scalding yourself as you aren't holding a kettle of boiling water and trying to pour it into the bottle so as long as you don't drop the bottle when you go to add the formula, you won't get scalded which again is really useful for the middle of the night or if you're holding the baby like I have to sometimes!

Have you used the perfect prep?what did you think?
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment