Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Thursday 17 September 2015

9 weeks update

If you follow me on Twitter, or have read my last blog post, you will know that EmJ had her injections last week. Since then she has had a viral infection/reaction to the injections which made her have a rash, diarrhoea, a cough, put her off her food and made her more sleepy at first and then she didn't want to sleep at all.

She has still been smiling and giggling a lot more though, and her favourite game is for me to throw a blanket on her and for her to kick it off and then giggle! We spent about an hour playing this the other day before I had to go and do something else!

She rolls over properly now, and can roll herself back which is so cute! And she is still trying to crawl. She managed to move herself forward by one movement a few days ago, but then forgot she had to keep moving her arms so just kept kicking her legs! She gets quite frustrated with herself that she can't move as much as she wants to but I think she will be crawling properly before the end of next week!

She can support herself sitting up for a few seconds now, which I was very impressed by! And she likes to be held up so she can walk! I think she is going to be a proper handful very soon!!

I have had to start giving her formula milk as well as breast milk as I had an operation on one of my breasts and it has made it very awkward to feed her off that one, so I try to give her as much as I can from the other one but it isn't enough. I use the perfect prep machine to make her bottles which I will be reviewing shortly, and we have Aptamil formula. I do feel a bit guilty giving her formula but she wouldn't get as much food if I didn't so it is better for her.

She likes to suck and bite her hands, and even favours this over her dummy! We do try to keep her hands clean so that she can bite them as I have given up trying to stop her! It is easier just to let her but clean them.

She has grown again, and some of her clothes are going to be too small for her very soon! We do still have a lot of 0-3 month clothes that still fit her though, and even have some that are still too big! Has anyone else noticed that sizes vary massively between shops?!

She doesn't like having her photo taken and I'm sure she knows if I point my phone in her direction that it means I am taking a photo as she will be posing for me then as soon as I pick up my phone she either hides her face or looks away! She has her own little personality already and she is so cute and cheeky! She knows when she is going to do something cheeky like spitting her dummy out on me or going to poo on me and she grins or giggles before doing it and then again after!

She has started to sleep in her crib a bit  better now which I am pleased about! We finally put the stand up for the moses basket downstairs but she will have grown out of it within a month as there isn't much room left in it for her!

She likes stories to be read to her but she does look at the pictures, especially each peach pear plum! It was my sisters favourite book when she was younger and Emily loves it! I am still reading a little princess to her while she is going to sleep, a chapter at a time, but she isn't as interested as there is no pictures but she does still like to listen to my voice.

I think that is it for this week!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment