Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Thursday 30 April 2015

What I love and hate about pregnancy so far ☺

Hi pixierinos ☺
I read a post recently about what the blogger hates about being pregnant, and it was an amazing post. If I knew how to link posts I would link it here but I don't (anyone want to tell me ☺) but if you all head over to her twitter page there's a link there (@hibabyblog although it wasn't written by her)
I'm only 30 weeks pregnant currently, but I thought I would share what I love and what I hate about pregnancy so far. 
hate
I'm going to start with what I hate about pregnancy so my post ends on a high point ☺
Sickness
I've been one of the relatively unlucky ones in that I started off with really bad morning sickness that lasted all day, and fainted at work etc for the first four months. Every time I ate or drank anything I was sick, and on a morning it was just bile which left an awful taste in my mouth!! I couldn't even keep water down! After those four months I went down to being sick twice a day, but feeling nauseous all of the time and now I'm sick on a morning. I hate being sick and JJ won't even cuddle me while I'm being sick as the smell makes him sick so I'm all alone!! I really envy those of you who haven't had any sickness!
Smells I can't stand strong smells. JJ had to stop using spray deodorant and aftershave when I was in the house as the smell just made me sick and light headed. I can no longer use all of my favourite lush products, and perfumes and I can't even spend much time in boots because of the smell! I can't wait to be able to use air freshener again!!
Leg cramps now that I am bigger in the bump department, and still working 6 or more days a week my legs have taken a bit of a battering, and boy aren't they letting me know it!!four or five times a night I am woken up by cramp in my legs!!I have taken to keeping my mirror on the floor by the bed-im not weird, the thing that gets rid of my cramp is putting my feet on a cold surface (none of this stretching through the pain malarkey for me!), we have a carpet and the only cold surface I could find was my mirror ☺
Stretch marks I am lucky and haven't got stretch marks on my bump, but weirdly i have got them on my thighs which I hate! Just hope they don't get any worse!!
People feeling my bump I don't mind when it's my friends or family but I don't like when people I barely know (like colleagues) just randomly put their hands on my bump. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't hurt me (yet) it's just a bit weird to have people I hardly know touching me!The baby always stops kicking when people feel the bump too, it might be a coincidence but it happens every time unless it's JJ and he speaks to it first!
love
Now for the good parts (other than getting a baby at the end of it obviously).
Feeling the baby move there are no words to describe how amazing it feels when the baby moves or kicks. JJ has told me that he loves when baby kicks as the smile on my face is amazing, I have my very own smile for my baby. When I am feeling down, or stressed, the baby kicks and my mood instantly lifts. I think it is one of the main things I am going to miss when I have the baby.
The bump I am lucky as currently I am all bump and except for a slight change in my thighs I have stayed the same from the back. It is such a cute bump and is perfect ☺
Shopping I love that I can go shopping and spend loads of money without getting wrong off JJ as it's all for the baby  all of the pretty baby clothes I have cooing over for years I can finally buy!!
Baby toys I'm not being weird here but I love playing with baby toys! I used to love babysitting my auntys foster kids as it meant I got to play with all the toys and pretend I was doing it for them! Yes baby A you do want to play with this cute little teddy bear that crinkles when you play with its ears!!
Milk this is a weird one but I love milk, I always have and since JJ and I have lived together he has been getting a bit annoyed at how much milk I drink but now that I'm pregnant he doesn't complain!!
Food although I haven't had any cravings and I am more likely to start hating a food than craving it, being pregnant does give me a bit of an excuse to be flexible with what I eat. If I want veg I have veg but if I want chocolate I will have chocolate (although there is someone I work with that glares at me when I eat sweets or cakes!).
Early nights I am 25 years old and I should be able to stay awake all night but honestly even before I was pregnant sometimes I just wanted a nap or an early night and now I have the perfect excuse :-)
That's my loves and hates for now, what are yours?
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment