Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Saturday 25 April 2015

Designer or non designer clothes

Hi pixierinos ☺

I will be doing a whole other post on what clothes we have bought for the baby but I thought I would do a quick one on why we have bought them from the shops that we have got them from and not all designer ones.
My fella is a scouser and if any of you know anyone from Liverpool (or follow @scousebirdprobs on twitter- you should she is hilarious and such a lovely person too) you will know that looking their best and wearing designer clothes is important to them, or at least is important for their kids (so the parents can wear primark but the kid has to be wearing designer clothes). When I first started 'seeing' JJ he actually told me that in order for me to go out with him I would have to wear all designer clothes, or at least get them from places like zara rather than wherever I was getting them from at the time (new look)!!I laughed at him!!
Coupled with my fellas thoughts on how the baby should be dressed, a colleague at work is pregnant and is always telling me how many things she has bought from places such as ted baker and jasper conran, armarni etc and wouldn't dare dress her child in anything from asda, mother care or next!she spends about £30 at the very least on each outfit and then tells me! I will admit that the clothes are cute, but so are some of the cheaper stuff.

I am not from Liverpool (although I don't want you to get the impression that I look like a scruff! I do dress well as new look and river island do some nice clothes now and I shop at zara now that I'm married lol), and I am not marrying a footballer (like my colleague is), so most of the clothes that I have bought have been from next or asda. 
Asda keep having baby and toddler events where the clothes (and other products) are on offer and I'm not ashamed to admit that I have taken advantage of this especially for when the baby is first born and the first few months as they are constantly growing and won't be in anything for that long as they will out grow it! The quality of the clothes from asda and next are amazing, and do seem as if they won't fall apart or anything while the baby is wearing is them, and feel soft enough for the baby to be comfortable in so I don't see any reason why not to buy cheaper clothes at a time when they will maybe only be worn a few times.
The clothes from next are very good quality too and are super cute!they were a bit more expensive than asda but reasonable too (£10 for a pack of three sleepsuits).
Don't get me wrong, I do have one or two things from junior jasper conran range but they were bought as a present and JJ has his eye on some dresses if we have a girl but they will be for when the baby is a little bit older and will get more wear out of it.

I thought I would write this post as my colleague at work makes me feel like I am depriving my child, and makes me feel a bit trampy by not buying only designer clothes when the baby is still a baby (when it is a toddler JJ will most likely dress it in only designer labels and I won't have a choice) so I felt the need to defend my actions.

Do you any of you feel the same way?

💖xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment