Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Purchases for the baby so far

Hi pixierinos ☺

I thought I would do a post about what JJ  (my husband) and I have bought for the baby so far, we still have some stuff to get and we probably have things we don't need but we are first time parents so we are learning 😀

Travel system /pushchair
My parents actually bought us a silvercross travel system from mother care when we told them that I was pregnant (it is their first grandchild). We chose a travel system because it comes with the pram part for when baby is small and the pushchair part for when baby is a toddler and has a car seat that fits into the frame. It was the car seat that sold it for us as my parents live 2 hours away in one direction and JJs  family lives an hour and a half in the other direction so it means we can take the baby in the car and not have to worry about fitting anything other than the frame and car seat into the car.
I can't remember the name of the one we got but I do know the car seat was ventura plus, and the whole system is black and grey as I prefer those colours to the brightly coloured ones.

Chicco next to me crib
We chose this rather than a moses basket because it is bigger and can attach to the bed and stand alone. This means that the baby will be able to stay in it for longer than if we got a moses basket, and I feel better knowing that we can attach it to the bed so that the baby gets to sleep close to us without actually being in our bed (which is obviously a massive no no!). It is also light enough that we can take it with us to our family's houses like a moses basket and can have it anywhere in the house. The colour we chose was a light silver as it matched the furniture that we have in our bedroom but since we bought it we have decided to switch bedrooms so it no longer matches but is still pretty!

Three piece furniture set
We got the haxby set from mamas and papas. It contains the drawers with changing unit, wardrobe and cot bed. We chose this one because JJ liked the colour and design and thought it looked well made compared to the one I liked from mothercare.  We decided on a cot bed as it means the baby can stay with the same furniture until it is about 4 or 5 years old which we thought was really good. I will be doing a separate post on this ☺

Tommee tippee sangenic nappy bin
We got this as it seems like a good thing to have, from what I understand of it it can hold a few nappies (can't remember the exact number) and so would save us from having to make constant trips to the bin.

Tommee tippee newborn bottle set
We got this on offer and it contains a steriliser and a travel steriliser, a soother, some measurement cups, bottles, teats, bottle holders (the ones where they keep the bottles warm or cold), tongs, milk storage cups,
We got this because it was on offer and it seemed like very good value (it still does). I will be trying to breastfeed but we thought we could use the bottles anyway and the steriliser etc.

Tommee tippee perfect prep
My sister bought us this as her friend has recently had a baby and said that this was a lifesaver especially during the night.  We got it in black as I thought it looked better in black than white.

Room thermometer
We bought a room thermometer that changes colour with the temperature so can also act as a night light for the baby and easily let's us see whether the baby will be too hot or too cold without disturbing the baby.

We have lots of clothes, nappies and wipes but I will do another post on  clothes and I don't think nappies and wipes are that exciting 😁 we also have bedding and sleeping bags for each age group (eg 0-3 months 3-6 months etc).
We have just ordered a changing mat, video monitor, bath support and some toys.
Has anyone got any suggestions what else we need?
I may have forgot some things ☺

💖Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment