Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Tuesday 28 April 2015

My daily makeup routine

Hi pixierinos  ☺

For my first beauty post I thought I would write about what makeup I wear everyday for work and for weekends when I don't have anything special planned.

Face

After I have moisturised (will be in another post) I apply primer. I am not actually sure how I feel about primers right now as today I forgot to put it on and my makeup actually lasted longer 😐 but the primer I generally use is the revlon photoready prime + antishine.  I have only been using this for about a week, it is a balm like texture and although it comes with a sponge I like to apply it with my fingers. It reminds me a little bit of the benefit porefection primer but is clear rather than the beige colour of the benefit primer.

I then apply collection lasting perfection concealer (not pictured above as I realised afterwards I hadn't included it and then couldn't find it!!) Under my eyes as it brightens the whole area up and since I have started doing that I have had so many compliments on how radiant I look.
The foundation I am currently using is one i  was in love with for about three years before I decided I fancied a change, and is revlon colorstay foundation for oily combination skin. I have this is the colour buff chamois which I think is the lightest colour but has yellow undertones rather than pink. I've only started using it again since last weekend but I do love it, it is a bit thicker than I remember and I have been having trouble getting the product out of the bottle (no pump) but I'm not sure if this was just a dodgy bottle 😂 it doesn't last all day for me but does look flawless for about 8 hours.

I apply the foundation using the real techniques buffing brush which is super soft and perfect for foundation application!

Cheeks

I recently started using the soap & glory peach party as a blusher as I was using a darker blush but wanted a change for the summer! This is very shimmery so if you're looking for something with a matte finish this will not be for you! It is a colour wheel so you could use each colour separate but I tend to just swirl the brush over them all as it gives a gorgeous golden peach glow.

I apply this using a brush I got in a bronzing kit as I lost my blush brush (if anyone has any recommendations please let me know) so I'm not sure of the make.

eyes

I start by using soap & glory it's about prime in bright light. This is a very white colour which is perfect for me! I dot a little bit onto my eyelids and smooth out with my ring finger then let it dry a little. This can be used by itself which I have done occasionally and it does last all day which I love.

Currently I am using the soap & glory lid stuff palette,but for work I only use two of the colours : vanilla and pink t.  This gives a brightening effect to my eyes which is perfect after a night of little sleep thanks to leg cramps!

I apply the eyeshadow using the real techniques contour brush. Again I do need some eyeshadow brushes so any recommendations are welcome ☺

The mascara I am using is another product I used to be madly in love with and recently started using again and is maybelline one by one volume express mascara. I love the rubber brush of this product as I feel like it separates each eyelash individually and makes my naturally long, curly lashes look like falsies!

Eyebrow

I desperately need my eyebrows threading but even though they are a bit unruly right now I still like to make them look presentable by using loreal brow artist super liner pencil in 03 brunette. This has a little brush on the lid to tidy the brows, a pencil at one end and wax at the other end to set it for the day. I will be honest and admit I very rarely use the wax but I love the pencil!!

Lips

Currently I have been using no7 chubby stick in delicate pink. I think this was a sample I got when I purchased some other no7 makeup a while back, but I love the colour of it for the summer months although it is a little drying!!

I finish off by spraying urban decay de-slick makeup setting spray all over my face to help my makeup to last that little bit longer.

That's it for what I do currently.
What makeup do you wear?

💖 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment