Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Thursday 26 November 2015

Baby's first chest infection

For about 5 weeks baby has had a cough, I have taken her to the doctors a few times and each time they told me it was just a cold, and told me to go back if it got worse. Each time I went it was a lot worse than before but they didn't seem bothered until the last time I went when a different doctor told me she had a chest infection and needed antibiotics.

She went off her food completely, kept getting a fever and just wasn't herself. I know I'm a first time mum but I honestly believe that you can tell when there's something wrong with your baby.

Baby is always smiling, giggling and wanting to play. But for the past few days she wouldn't even smile,  which is why I took her again to the doctor. The night u took her to the docs I was tempted to take her to hospital. She had a fever, she was tired and just seemed completely not herself and her eyes looked vacant.

Luckily my parents were there and my mam told me that she would be better after a day of antibiotics so I stayed awake all night to monitor her and her temperature.

Baby did wake up and wanted milk which I took as a good sign even though she only drabs 3oz which is 2oz less than normal, but more than she had been having. She seemed a bit brighter and even smiled at me. I can't explain what I felt when she smiled after a day of not smiling. It won't seem like a big deal to sone people but honestly it was!

She has still been sleeping quite a bit during the day now but I think that's just her way of getting better.  She's still coughing loads and bringing up phlegm, but the antibiotics seem to be working already.

I would just like to point out that the antibiotics are bright yellow which amuses me as when she spits some out it makes her bibs and clothes yellow 😂

Her symptoms were fever,  crackling chest which we could hear and feel, cough with phlegm, coughing and making herself be sick, irritability, sore throat (we think as she winced when she swallowed and her eyes kept watering like mine do when I have a sore throat).

I will keep you updated on her progress with her antibiotics.

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment