Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Tuesday 17 November 2015

5 disgusting things I have done as a parent

Before I had baby, if anyone was sick on my clothes or if anyone sneezed on me I was left feeling physically sick.....I even threw up once when someone with particularly sweaty hands accidentally touched me! But since having a baby I have done some things that previously would have made me sick...

👶 sniffed baby's bum to see if she pooed.
I'm pretty sure every parent has done this at some point while their child was still a baby.  It's much easier than undressing baby to check the nappy, but is definitely a bit disgusting!

👶 gone out with sick in my hair.
This might just be something I've done, but baby is often sick on me and it is usually just as we are about to leave the house, but usually we have time to change and wash. But when I was getting her ready for nursery she decided to projectile vomit all over my newly made up face (!) My clothes and my hair. I had just enough time to change her and me and towel the sick out of my hair but not to wash it! So I had to go to uni smelling of baby sick!!

👶 sucked snot out of her nose
Again this might just be me, but she was having trouble breathing and I didn't want to put saline up her nose so the next best thing was to suck it out! Not the most pleasant experience!

👶 had baby sick in my mouth.
I was playing with her and held her above my head just as she decided to be sick, it fell directly into my mouth and was really warm! worryingly I didn't think it tasted too bad (although I did spit it out don't worry!)

👶 take a picture of baby's nappy and send it to my mam.
This was to check if the poo looked normal (although I have been known to send a pic to her dad if she's done a massive poo). My mam was not impressed and said she is going to tell baby when she is older that I sent a pic of her poo!

Those are probably the 5 most disgusting things I've done as a parent so far! Have you done these?

Xxx

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, this is brilliant. I think it's great how immune to grossness we have become. Once I was with my son and a friend was over and he did a massive grotty sneeze (son not friend). Knowing that the next thing he would do is smear it everywhere I grabbed the bottom of my top and quickly wiped it off as the top was covered in lunch and I planned just chuck it in the machine and change. When I finished I looked up and the friend was looking at me like I had lost my mind. I couldn't even find the words to explain myself, I'm just hoping if he has kids he'll understand where I was coming from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I've just saw this comment!
      I've done that!And I've wiped her nose with my hand and then wiped it on myself without even thinking about it to the horror of my sister! I just don't see it as gross anymore but those without kids do!
      What else have you done?
      My little girl loves drooling on her hand then putting it in my mouth atm lol xxc

      Delete
    2. Ha ha! I can't even remember because you just do these things instinctively. I wouldn't have remembered the top snot if my friend hadn't made me feel like a weirdo. I do struggle with the sharing mouth things though. My son likes to feed me stuff he's half eaten or brush my teeth after he's brushed his. I do it but it makes me wanna vom x

      Delete