Hi everyone,
I am a new mammy (well mammy to be) and I am blogging about my life, my pregnancy/parenthood and beauty.
Everything I mention has been bought and paid for by myself (or as a present off family members) unless otherwise stated (so probably everything is bought by me ☺) and all opinions are my own.
If you have aren't queries don't hesitate to get in touch via twitter @sprinkleofpixie or email me at pixiedustandfairylove@gmail.com
💖 xxx

Monday 29 June 2015

June favourites 2015

Hi guys ☺

I love reading these posts so I am hoping to keep doing them monthly but no doubt once I've had the baby this list will be mostly baby things ☺

Revlon colorstay foundation for oily skin

This may have been in my last monthly favourites but I was feeling lazy while writing this and didn't check 😀
I have this in the colour buff chamois which is a perfect match for my skin. The formula is thicker than I remember from years ago when I was obsessed with it but I actually like it that way. The packaging is quite nice, it comes in a glass bottle which allows you to see the exact colour of foundation you're getting as well as how much you have left, with a black lid. The lid is slightly different on the bottles for the normal /dry formula but I prefer this one. I personally think it's quite classy for a drugstore foundation bottle but it doesn't come with a pump so you have to be more careful that you don't pour out more product than you actually need, if revlon were lovely and put a pump on it I think it would be my favourite makeup product ever!
I have been using it without a primer lately and it genuinely lasts all day, it is a high coverage foundation which is what I tend to go for, and doesn't look cakey or too thick if you apply it with a brush (I use the real techniques buffing brush).
I have more high end foundations such as estee lauder double wear foundation and chanel vita lumiere but I genuinely prefer this one for the more everyday look and at only £12ish it is well worth a try!

Clinique take the day off balm

I got this a while ago but when I fell pregnant I stopped using it as I didn't like the smell. Before I was pregnant I didn't think it had a smell but it seemed to develop a minty smell which I hated.
The packaging of this product is super cute, it's a purple tub with silver writing and a silver lid which I, personally, think makes it look gorgeous and high end.
The product itself is a white solid balm that seems to melt when you touch it, and is quite oily when applied but not overly oily.
To use it I use my fingers to get a small amount, and rub it gently all over my face including my eyes. It does feel a bit weird applying an oily product to my face as I have always suffered from excess oil but this seems to actually improve my skin. I use a warm damp face cloth to wash the product off my face and leave it feeling super smooth and clean. This product literally melts makeup off your face, it turns a bit creamy when mixed with water which is why I use a face cloth.
I love this product as it is super easy and quick to use, I would go as far as to say it is as quick as using micellar water which will be perfect for me when the baby comes and I don't have much time to remove makeup or even wash my face properly.
I can't remember how much I actually paid for this but it is probably quite expensive so won't be for everyone, but only a very tiny amount is used each time so the tub will last ages. I used it for a about four months before I got pregnant, took it on holiday with me, and have used it again now and still have nearly a full tub of it so it is very good value for money.

Clinique cleansing face brush

Again, I got this ages ago, I think I got this a few months before I went to Mexico (which I went to October last year) but again stopped using it when I became ill during my first trimester as I didn't have the energy to wash my face for a little while (I did wash by the way just not as thoroughly as previously). JJ recently found this in a bag and told me to start using it again as he had paid £79 for it and didn't want it to be a waste of money, and I'm glad he did as I love it again.
It's basically a cleansing brush with green bristles for the forehead chin and nose and white bristles for the cheeks. The brush vibrates which allows it to clean the skin more thoroughly. It is set on a timer which goes off after 30 seconds, and it comes with instructions that show you how to use it which is perfect.
After using it for a few months last year my skin was the best it had ever been, clear and smooth, and although I have only been using this for about 3 days this month my skin is already better (although this could be hormones).

Lindt white chocolate

Has anyone else been given one of those massive plastic balls filled with lindt chocolate every year for Christmas?I have and it's something I look forward to every year so when I went to York designer outlet last weekend I got a bit overly excited to find out there was a pick n mix! It wasn't the cheapest but it was worth it so I got a few coconut ones, the original ones, one hazelnut and a couple of white chocolate ones and oh my word the white chocolate sweets are things dreams are made of! White chocolate is generally my favourite kind, but some companies get it horribly wrong and it ends up being too sickly, but lindt have it just right ☺ it is perfectly creamy and gorgeous so if anyone is thinking of getting a lindt pick n mix give the white chocolate a chance.

Chocolate milk

I have become slightly addicted to this over the past few weeks as it tastes amazing and helps with my heartburn ☺

Costa peach lemonade

This is another thing that I have become addicted to but unfortunately JJ won't go into town every day just to get me it despite him loving it too! It is the perfect drink for the summer, so cool and refreshing! I feel like I should point out its not fizzy like lemonade (my sister tried one and text me saying 'omg why would you drink this its not even fizzy ) but honestly I prefer it that way!!

Strike back

This is a tv series based on the book by Chris Ryan.  I feel like I should point out that I LOVE Chris Ryan and his books so it's understandable that I also love this show! For those of you who don't know, Chris Ryan was in the SAS  (swoon) and now writes fiction, I think a lot of his books are based on things he went through but loosely based if that makes sense. Anyway, if you like shows about spies and MI6 etc you will probably love this!!I'm currently on season 2, the complete seasons 1-4 are currently available on sky boxsets.
The only thing I don't like about this is the amount of women's boobs present, I'm pretty sure the show would be just as good without all of the sex and half nakedness (although I probably wouldn't be complaining if we got to see the fit soldier naked too 😛).

Quiz up

I discovered this app after someone tweeted about it and I have become addicted!I'm not going to lie and say that I do the general knowledge quiz that often or anything like that, it is all about the Disney movie quiz for me (so far I've only lost a couple of times!) But it's so fun! I don't even mind when I have lost the quiz I just love flaunting my Disney knowledge ☺
If you don't know what this is, it is an app of quizzes on certain subjects, there's probably one for everyone, and you play against someone online. The app looks for people on the same quiz as you and basically pairs you up for a match, there's 7 questions altogether and at the end of the match you can choose to play against the same opponent again or leave that match and find someone else. It probably doesn't sound that good the way I describe it but trust me it's fab! I've convinced my sister and JJ to get it so I can challenge them all of the time (although my sister just keeps challenging me to maths quizzes!).

What are your favourite things this month?

💖xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment